Georgetown, TX patients discover the benefits of All-On-4 dental implants
Trauma, illness, age, or poor oral hygiene can lead to dental problems or tooth loss. Without teeth, you may experience issues with the speech. You may also have issues with dentures rubbing sore spots on the gum tissue or have trouble eating your favorite foods. Dental implants to help retain dentures are an option for patients seeking teeth replacement. Dr. Andrew Edmonds and the team at 4405 Dental Studio in Georgetown, TX offer All-On-4 dental implants for patients who have lost an entire arch of teeth and who want a secure denture and want to eat the foods they enjoy.
Replace missing teeth
Dental implants are simply posts that are positioned in the jaw in place of a missing tooth. For patients missing all of their upper or lower teeth, implants can be used to secure a denture. Rather than using a single implant to replace every tooth, All-On-4 dental implants use four precisely placed dental implants to attach and secure an upper or lower denture. Usually, two implants are placed near the front of the mouth and two toward the back, so they evenly support the denture. Once the posts are positioned, they are connected to the dentures with fittings or attachments and CAN NOT be removed at home. This option allows you to not worry about removing your teeth before bed. The result is a complete, sturdy smile.
Benefits of All-On-4 dental implants
Without teeth, patients often hide their smiles and lose confidence. Dental implants help restore a natural, beautiful smile. There are many benefits of implant-supported dentures.
- Healthy bone – Without a tooth, the bone in the jaw can start to deteriorate. A dental implant mimics the tooth root to help maintain the health of the jawbone.
- Secure dentures – Since the denture is anchored to evenly spaced dental implants, it offers more stability than traditional dentures.
- Functionality – Routine actions such as chewing and speaking become natural.
- Aesthetic appeal – Not only do the dentures look natural, but they give the face a fuller, more youthful appearance.
- Faster recovery period – It can take several months to heal and to get used to traditional dentures. With All-On-4, the implants fuse with the jawbone and promote stability from the start so patients can function normally faster.