Cleaning and preventive care and services for Georgetown area patients
At 4405 Dental Studio in Georgetown, TX, we educate patients regularly on the importance of routine dental cleanings and other preventative dental services to maintain good oral health. Dr. Andrew Edmonds and his professional staff believe in educating patients on the importance of routine oral health care habits.
What should I be doing to keep my smile healthy?
Instead of reactive dental care, patients should take steps to be proactive about their oral health and wellness. Most conditions that can occur within the smile, including disease and decay, can be prevented with routine care. Here are a few recommendations for patients to help them maintain a healthy smile:
- Dental cleanings – dental cleanings performed at the dental office every six months are integral to oral health. Our dental hygienists will remove plaque, tartar, and calculus from the teeth and gums.
- Dental examinations – with a dental examination, our team can assess a patient’s oral health. During these evaluations, we look for early signs and symptoms of conditions including periodontal disease and dental caries. X-rays are common diagnostic tools used during dental examinations as well as a physical examination of the teeth, gums, and other soft tissues.
- Home care – patients should follow their dentist’s instructions for brushing and flossing after every meal to maintain healthy and beautiful smiles. These actions will remove food particles that can contribute to decay, while at the same time remove acids and sugars that can negatively impact one’s oral health.
- Seeking treatment as needed – even between routine dental appointments, patients should pay close attention to any signs and symptoms of problems that may require dental assistance. This includes sore or bleeding gums, toothaches, unusual sensitivity, and damage to the teeth or soft tissues.
- Education – patients who have questions about the best way to care for their smiles are welcome to ask their dental team for education and recommendations on steps to take to achieve a healthy smile.
Learn more about the importance of cleaning and preventive care solutions
Georgetown, TX patients are welcome to contact the team at 4405 Dental Studio to discuss the benefits of routine dental care with our providers. Request dental services and initial evaluation with our team by calling (512) 855-7308.