Preventive dental cleanings can make it easier for Georgetown patients to keep their teeth healthy
The team of 4405 Dental Studio in Georgetown, TX, allows patients the opportunity to take the steps needed to achieve healthy, beautiful smiles. This often includes preventive dental cleanings. Teeth cleaning is done by a dental hygienist during recall visits to ensure the teeth and gums are healthy. This is just one step in the prevention of gum disease and tooth decay.
What happens during a preventive dental cleaning?
Patients who come in for regular checkups know the process of how a dental hygienist will clean the teeth during the visit. However, it may have been a while since you have had an appointment, so our team will educate you on what to expect during your preventive dentistry visit and cleanings:
- Oral health assessment – our dental team will thoroughly inspect the oral cavity to monitor overall health, and the dentist may also recommend x-rays to further evaluate potential issues.
- Teeth cleaning – during a dental cleaning, tartar, and plaque on the tooth surfaces is removed.
- Scaling and root planing – another procedure that offers a deeper cleaning is the scaling and root planing cleaning, which cleans the roots of the teeth underneath the gum line. This is often recommended for patients who have periodontal disease or the later stages of gingivitis.
- Oral cancer screenings – cancer of the mouth is one of the easiest to spot with routine dental visits. Our team will evaluate the mouth, tongue, and soft tissues for any signs of cancer and approach the condition, as necessary.
- Patient education – our dental team will advise you of ways to maintain your oral health, especially if you have signs of impending periodontal disease or cavities.
Speak to a provider about the benefits of oral cleanings
Every time you visit your dentist for your recall appointment, our dental hygienists will provide a preventive dental cleaning to remove plaque, tartar, and calculus while ensuring problems such as cavities and disease are not present. If you need a dental cleaning or an examination, contact the team at 4405 Dental Studio to discuss your options. Dr. Andrew Edmonds can be reached by calling (512) 855-7308 and speaking to the front office team about requesting a dental appointment. 4405 Dental Studio is always accepting new patients and families in his state-of-the-art facility in Georgetown, TX.